It all seems to be about chilli at the moment. And chicken. I love both, of course. This really easy three ingredient marinade for lime chilli chicken takes no time at all to make and tastes great – a perfect bright marinade for chicken with a chilli kick, great on a hot summer evening.
I don’t think this marinade could be much simpler to make – this one only has three ingredients, after all! Either cooking the chicken on a griddle or in the oven after marinading gives great results. I particularly like this sliced up on top of a ton of salad and new potatoes. Easy and delicious!
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1.5-2tsp Crushed chillis (in a jar)
- 6tbsp Olive oil
- 4 Chicken breasts
- Combine all marinade ingredients and whizz in a blender until well combined
- Pour over chicken in an oven proof dish, ensuring the chicken has been well coated
- Cover the dish and place in the fridge for a few hours
- Remove cling film and place in an oven preheated to 180C (fan) / 200C (standard)
- Cook for 20 minutes or until cooked thoroughly