Time to share
I’ve now completed two infusions (not including the ones I’ve done in the past before starting Pan and Bottle). I’ve already learnt a fair deal, so thought now would be a good time to share a few infusion tips with you to get you on your way with either trying the recipes on the site, or coming up with your own.
Top 5 Infusion Tips
- It’s easy putting pieces of fruit into bottles. Getting it out again isn’t so easy. Try using a preserving jar instead.
- Aeropress filters are the perfect size to use as a fine particle filter on top of the built in filter in a stainless steel funnel.
- I put my glassware into the oven at around ~80-90C for about 5-10 minutes to sterilise. Whatever you do, take them out very carefully and let them cool down naturally for about an hour. Using water to cool them cracks them. I learned the hard way!
- If you’ll be adding fruit to an infusion, this takes up a lot of volume. I foolishly thought 500ml preserving jars for my second infusion. They’d be great to give as gifts, but a 1.5l or even 2l preserving jar would be more suitable!
- Always keep a note of your recipe as you make it, including any additions at the end such as sugar syrup. If it tastes good, you want to be able to repeat it!
I’m sure I’ll come up with plenty more infusion tips over the coming months. Stay tuned for more, but in the meantime – please leave some of your own in the comments!